A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow web pages, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way in which they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize the user.
– Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as the language, the type of browser through which he accesses the service, the locale from where he accesses the service, etc.
– Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that store information about user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile to show advertising based on it.
How to block or delete cookies installed on your computer: If you prefer not to enable cookies, you can block or delete them in your browser:
– How to manage cookies in Google Chrome
– How to manage cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
– How to manage cookies in Mozilla FireFox
– How to manage cookies in Apple Safari